RYAN K. BEGLEY
RYAN K. BEGLEY
Ryan Begley joined Strategic Valuation Group of Arizona in 2012 and works as a Construction, Valuation and Cost Segregation specialist.
Mr. Begley has a wide spectrum of experience in property valuation and is a specialist in the cost approach. Mr. Begley has experience in construction project management including such aspects as document control, project and site inspections, and scheduling. Mr. Begley has 10 years experience in cost segregation techniques, particularly using the Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) and Marshall & Swift Valuation Service. Mr. Begley has also worked on fixed asset management (FAM) engagements, helping clients account for and classify their major assets. In addition, Mr. Begley has provided management assessment services for both public and private sector clients.
Prior to joining Strategic Valuation Group of Arizona, Mr. Begley worked for Deloitte Financial Advisory services for 5 years as part of the Real Estate Valuation and Capital Projects Consulting Group.
Mr. Begley has also served as a construction manager at one of the nation’s largest residential home builders, as well as three years experience in construction and maintenance in the natural gas pipeline industry.
- Performed numerous cost segregation studies using MACRS analysis on properties ranging from restaurants, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities, biotech companies, wineries, food processing plants, gaming, multi-family, resorts and hotels, to offices.
- Performed numerous purchase price allocations using the Marshall & Swift Cost Approach on office spaces, retail malls, restaurants, hotels, offices, prisons, manufacturing, and distribution facilities, among others.
- Performed analysis on several transactions involving Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchange property.
- Executed look-back studies for clients and estimated 481(a) adjustments for use on the clients’ 3115 Application for Change in Accounting Method form.
- Helped develop methodology and select samples for statistical sampling and judgment sampling cost segregation approaches for various retailers and restaurants.
- Responded to IRS Information Document Requests (IDR) to document, support, and defend our positions on various cost segregation studies.
- Conducted numerous walk-throughs with IRS engineers.
- Provided subject-matter expertise on various construction project audits. Focused on areas such as change order management, schedule management, claims analysis, and estimate-to-complete analysis.
- Performed building valuation study using the Marshall & Swift calculator method for a wafer manufacturing facility in Singapore.
- Performed building valuation study using the Marshall & Swift calculator method for 28 retail properties as part of client’s bankruptcy filing.
- Provided construction subject-matter expertise on various appraisal and valuation engagements for private, and public sector clients.
- B.S. in Regional Development, Business – University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Memberships, Licenses and Professional Affiliations
- U.S. Green Building Council
- Urban Land Institute